Roasted Parsnips with Cranberry Sauce
- 2 pounds parsnips scrubbed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 small orange zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the parsnips, preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Slice the parsnips in half lengthwise and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Arrange in one layer, and roast for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
For the cranberry sauce, add all the ingredients to a sauce pan and bring to a boil, cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst and the sauce begins to thicken, about 20 minutes.