I know, I know, tofu for a vegan recipe – how original! But, baking the tofu in a well seasoned curry sauce results in firmer tofu with plenty of flavor.
These simple Thai curry wraps are perfect as an appetizer or a light lunch. You will love the bold taste and the healthy ingredients.
Red Curry Tofu Lettuce Wraps
- 1 block firm tofu pressed, drained and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 teaspoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 head of sturdy lettuce- I used “live” lettuce
- 1 green onion sliced
- 4 mint leaves julienned
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Place the tofu and red bell pepper in a glass baking dish.
3. In a small bowl, combine the coconut milk, garlic, ginger, curry paste, tamari and vinegar together. Pour over the tofu and pepper, toss to combine.
4. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Place the mixture in the lettuce cups and garnish with onion, cashew and mint. Enjoy!