Raw Mint Brownies
- 1 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups pitted dates roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked in hot water for at least 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 ounces chocolate melted
Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
Place the walnuts and almonds in the bowl of a food processor, pulse until finely ground. Add the cocoa powder and salt and pulse a few more times to combine.
Add the dates and coconut oil, process until sticky mixture forms. The brownie mixture should easily stick together when you press it with your fingers. If it's not sticky enough and the mixture doesn't hold together, add more dates.
Place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the mixture to prevent sticking and press until evenly flat.
Place in freezer to chill for 10-15 minutes
Meanwhile, drain and rinse the cashews and place in a high-speed blender with the fresh mint, mint extract, maple syrup and coconut oil. Blend until smooth.
Pour the over the brownies, and return to the freezer for at least 1 hour or in the fridge overnight. Remove from freezer , drizzle with the melted chocolate and cut 15 minutes prior to serving.