Crab Cake Salad
Gluten-free, baked crab cake salad. A healthier take on the traditional recipe.
- 1 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 8 oz lump crabmeat
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce
- Pinch of salt
- 1 lemon juiced - reserve zest for topping
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 8-10 ounces mixed greens
Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, cream cheese, lemon juice, mustard, minced garlic, parsley, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt. Fold in the almond flour.
Once everything is well combined, fold in the crabmeat.
Using a 1/3 cup measure lined with cling wrap, shape the crab cakes onto the lined baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes, flip and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Whisk together the mayonnaise, garlic powder, lemon juice, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
In a blender, combine the olive oil, water, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.