Cauliflower Walnut Taco Salad
Cauliflower-Walnut Taco ‘Meat’:
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce + 2 tablespoon adobo sauce optional
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 medium avocados
- ½ cup water
- 1 small jalapeno stemmed and deseeded
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro optional
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 heads romaine lettuce torn
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can sweet corn drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes sliced
- Shaved purple cabbage
- Dairy-free sour cream I like Kite Hill
- Corn tortilla chips for serving
For the Walnut-Cauliflower, preheat the oven to 400°F. Line two rimmed sheet pans with parchment paper.
Place the walnuts, chipotle, sundried tomatoes, chili powder and garlic powder in the bowl of a food processor. Process for 10 seconds.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the walnut mixture with 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (if using), riced cauliflower, oil and salt. Adjust seasonings to taste. Divide the mixture between the two sheet trays and roast for 20 minutes—rotating the pans halfway through.
For the Avocado Cream, combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
To assemble, divide the romaine, beans, corn, tomatoes, cabbage, walnut-cauliflower mix between four bowls and top with the avocado cream, sour cream, and tortilla chips.