Cauliflower Tikka Masala
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 inch ginger peeled and finely grated
- 1/2 green jalapeno diced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper optional
- 1 medium cauliflower washed and cut into small florets
- Freshly chopped cilantro or parsley
- Coconut yogurt yogurt
- Brown rice or naan optional
In a high-speed blender, add the tomatoes, bell pepper and coconut milk. Blend on high until smooth.
In a large cast iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
Add the ginger, garlic, jalapeños, garam masala, turmeric, cinnamon, and salt. sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the tomato-coconut mixture and bring to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, over medium-low heat, until mixture begins to thicken, about 10 minutes. Be careful not to bring to a boil or the coconut milk will start to separate.
Add the cauliflower florets and cook, covered until cauliflower is soft, about 10 minutes.
Finish with fresh herbs and yogurt. Serve with naan or cooked brown rice, optional.