Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle flakes optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 14- ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 15- ounce cans black beans drained and rinsed
- ½ lime juiced
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Vegan sour cream
- Hot sauce
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, red pepper and carrots. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, chipotle flakes and salt and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, stock and sweet potatoes bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until the sweet potato is tender, 15-20 minutes.
Add beans, cinnamon and lime juice; increase heat to high and return to a simmer, stirring often. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!